Monday, August 29, 2011

FC2: PERMADEATH Chapter Eleven: Taking Care of Business

I need more medicine, so I head to the vet that Father Maliya sent me to last time. I fight through a heavily defended checkpoint to get there and he hands more travel papers I can exchange for medicine at another veterinary clinic. Why are the vets the only ones left in the country? Are they that passionate about the zebras and water buffalos? The former have been pretty suicidal anyway, so it seems like they're sort of wasting their efforts. On my way back to the bus station, the checkpoint has been completely restaffed. What the hell?

I decide to head back through the cattle crossing, tearing ass past all the guards in my buggy. At least, that was the idea, but I end up in a three car pile up resulting in five corpses. I take one of their cars and roll off. On my way out is a man standing in the middle of the road, all by himself. He's dumb in many directions at once, so I channel natural selection and run him down. Shortly after I make it away from the ranch, I crash my jeep (again) and set off on foot (again).

As I near a checkpoint, something explodes on the road behind me, but it doesn't look like anyone's noticed me. I slip by the checkpoint and head for another one on the same river as my destination. I evade this one as well, then manage to approach the clinic. I notice at least three guys guarding it, so I swim up to the dock and make my move.

There turn out to be way more than just three guys there, but I take them down no problem, then head inside to hand off papers for pills. I decide to head to the nearest gun shop to resupply, then find a cell phone tower so I can make some money. On my way out of a guardpost that I clear on the way, another guy is just standing in the middle of the road, so I take him up on his offer to run him over. Well, why else would he be standing there?

After resupplying, I past a checkpoint and across a plain to the cell tower. The target this time is back in Shwasana, the fishing village, so I clear out a nearby small dock along with the patrol boat that drives over to investigate the noise, then set off on the river.

I breeze past two checkpoints easily enough, pass by Pala, then eliminate once more the checkpoint at the mouth of the passage to the village. I ride down in an assault boat towards the target. Last time stealth was more trouble than its worth, so I've got a new plan: park the boat so I've got a good vantage point on the village, then open up with the attached machine gun to take out the guards, after which I'll swim up and take out the target.

This first bit works on a couple guards, but it turns out I'm way too exposed. Some sniper is hitting me from way back in the village, and there's no way I can take him at this range. I pull up to a dock and powerslide my way onto a raised bridge, where the same guy keeps plugging away at me. I take him down, and apparently I just completed the job because he was my target. Well, if he wasn't so belligerent, maybe I wouldn't have gone for him first. I take out a couple more sentries, fix my boat, and ride off back down the river. The guard post at the exit is, of course, fully restaffed. What assholes.

I head to Mike's and after a bit of deliberation, settle on a brand new flamethrower and a reliability upgrade for it. Stealth is for GIRLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment