Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FC2: PERMADEATH Chapter Twelve: More Bitch Work

Both factions are offering me work again, but I decide to keep working for the APR. The guy at the door says there's nothing available for me, but he did hear about some foreigner the UFLL's got locked up in a slaughterhouse nearby. These missions kinda suck, because you get no compensation for them outside of a new buddy you can run bullshit errands for.

I start driving over there, getting sidetracked a bit by an unmarked guardpost on the way consisting of two guys and a machine gun emplacement. I crouch on a ridge and perform a little bit of recon, then decide it's time to go to work. It's actually over really fast, so I make my way into the small building and unlock the door to meet Warren Clyde, who apparently is the rootinest, tootinest cowpoke this side of the Missisip, at least if his voice acting is anything to go by.

That wrapped up pretty quickly, so I decide to head to the nearest cell phone tower and get an assassination job. I don't want to be compensated for my efforts with some bullshit camarederie, I want the only currency that matters: actual currency. And diamonds.

I locate another diamond case behind another waterfall, then go to secure a safehouse. While there a patrol boat from a nearby river pulls over to investigate and I take down the gunner. The driver takes this development pretty well, not budging from his seat but refusing to move the boat either. I watch him a bit, then dispose of him. I could see him calling me out with his eyes, thinking I wouldn't be man enough to do it, but I showed him.

I clear out a couple more guard posts then get to the cell tower on the plains. The target's in Pala again. This should be fine. I make my way back there to find the target is wandering around the small sheds behind the church, where there are absolutely no guards and a hole in the fence leading right to him. I head to Mike's and pick up my silenced pistol, returning by boat to Pala just as the sun sets and docking on the southern shore.

I duck through the fence to find he's still wandering around out of sight of the guards and in the easiest place in the whole area to evade them. Also, he pays no mind to the old Albanian dude following right behind him and clutching a silenced pistol. It's like this guy wants to get assassinated or something.

I take him down with just one shot to the back of the head, and I'm rewarded with 10 diamonds and a message telling me to get the hell out of town before I get ventilated. I go back through the fence, and though the guards fire at me, there's no real danger as I make my way back to the boat and flee to Mike's. If these guys really want a cease-fire in town, they've gotta step up their game, or I'm just going to keep doing this. It's simple, guys. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment